Sunday, September 30, 2012

TaraElla Doesn't Hate Hip Hop Anymore

Apparently TaraElla doesn't hate hip hop anymore.

She recently had this to say:

"I guess hip hop may not be anti-liberal - it just needed time to evolve to become liberal, and it's path is slower than pop. After all, we are now seeing Jay Z, one of the biggest hip-hop stars, supporting marriage equality. "What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That's their business. [It] is no different than discriminating against blacks. It's discrimination plain and simple," he recently said.

I know for a fact that country music is also slower in its liberalization, and I have been understanding and supportive of their path whilst some friends have not. Just this year we were vindicated when Carrie Underwood supported marriage equality. I guess I should extend the same understanding to hip-hop."